6 years ago today, I lost one of my favorite people. My cousin Natasha was amazing. We spent so much time together the last few years of her life, and then she was just gone, with no warning.
We had so many good times together. I remember one year for Spring Break we decided to go to Panama City to see my mom. It was probably one of the best trips I've ever had in my life. We spent the first part of the week on the beach. The first day there it started raining, but we still walked from club to club, a little damp, and ended up in this little rinky-dink bar where no was dancing. We didn't care, we danced in the bathroom, danced on the dancefloor. She got everyone up and had no problem talking to anybody. She was the life of the party.
But it wasn't all about going out and being crazy. My favorite part of that trip was when my mom and I made her go to bingo with us. She complained and thought it was going to be the worst time ever - but we ended up getting there and laughing at all the crazy old ladies with their troll dolls and how insane they would get if someone would shout bingo before them.
She introduced me to Kaylee's father. Even though we all know how that turned out, I'm so grateful that she did. Without Natasha, I would have never had my little girl. I wish Kaylee could have really known her. I know she would have loved her fashion sense and probably would have asked Tash to take her shopping rather than me.
Every year, I think about how the night she died - I should have been there. I went out with her alot, but this night I was home with Kaylee. I wish I would have been more persistant about having her call me if she couldn't drive. While she was never the one to listen to others, I wish everyday that this one time she did.
I wish she was here. Especially this year. I wish she was going to be standing up there with me on my wedding day.
Natasha always tried to talk me into getting a tattoo. Just a little shamrock, but she said - We are Delaney's, we all need one. I said I would, but never really got around to it. Then when she passed, I was so mad at myself for never doing it. Today, it was meant to be.
RIP Tash - I love and miss you. And now you will be with me on my wedding day.
Beautiful...
ReplyDeleteDefinetly one of those rare people that will change yourlife forever. Nice tattoo
ReplyDeleteLove it
ReplyDeleteThat was wonderful, you are such a caring and loving person I am so proud of you, I know that you are truly a blessing to everyone that is a part of your life love you baby girl and Tasha will be there with you every step of the way on the wonderful wedding day one special angel smiling down
ReplyDelete